About this course
This course begins May 15, 2022 and ends July 14, 2022.
Join Rally Obedience Judge and successful competitor Ayoka Bubar for this fun 8 week course that places your Novice level rally knowledge into weekly course-like sequences!
This course will provide: exercise sample videos, sign photos, exercise descriptions, weekly sequences to practice at home and individualized feedback on training videos for each participant.
Who should take this class?
This class is ideal for the dog and handler team with some basic Novice Rally Obedience skills who are looking for a new challenge, or the seasoned competitor who is looking to improve their training and handling. The beauty of Ayoka's experience combined with a course that includes individual feedback is that the help you receive can be tailored to the level you are working at.
To get the most out of this class, I recommend having a good understanding of the Novice CKC/AKC exercises.
If you need to brush up on your exercises, don't worry, I'll provide the exercise descriptions and videos for you to review.
Equipment and Space Requirements
As this is a sequences class, you are going to need a larger space and more equipment than you need for my introductory classes. You will need the following:
- A 30' x 30' space. All Sequences will fit into this space.
- CKC/or AKC Rally Signs. These can be any size, hand drawn, and need not be in color. That being said, I recommend printing them full size if you plan on participating in video trials down the road. Sign downloads are available below.
- 16 Exercise Markers/Sign Holders. Most of the sequences we will be working will include fewer than 10 stations, however in the last weeks of this course, we will work through a whole course. These markers/sign holders could be coffee cans, yogurt containers, ?Red Solo Cups, etc.
- 8 pylons. These are often available at the dollar store.
- Collar & 6 foot leash.
- Clicker/verbal marker.
- Rewards. Don't forget your food and/or toys!